Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Wayne states to Resident ...Landscapers here are lazy ?

Kimberly Adam Hi all. I just had a long converaation with Wayne and he did walk the property today, looking at the landscape. He has an appt to discuss the issues with the owner of the landscaping company. He told them that there is obviously some laziness in their work and that they are on notice.

 He is having them work on the Clover and bad areas of grass that doesnt like the shade from the Pine Trees etc. I think those areas should be filled in with rock. He is correct when he says Bermuda doesnt like shade and pine needles. Maybe some pretty rock around the trees would look better?

These are things that need to be discussed at the next meeting. I understand that this is an old property and HOA dollars are needing to be carefully spent and also set aside for potential big emergency issues. I hope that more people will show up and discuss their concerns at the meetings. Im not an expert, but I know it must be hard to please everyone all of the time. 

I know a little about budgets and emergency funds etc. Things cost money and on an old property it costs more to keep up to code etc. I get that. I think we are going to see a lot of improvements now and in the near future. I really believe that the landscape will be looking better soon.

 I believe that the buildings being painted soon will improve appearance greatly, the pool furniture is being beautified and the clubhouse was updated although I haven't seen it I saw a photo. Mehhh...its okay. Not my style, but definitely better. Its just my personal preference. Anyway, just wanted you to know that I had this conversation and I feel hopeful and understand how things just arent that simple. 

On another note, is anyone interested in a "call list" and a "Block Watch" program? I thought that it would be beneficial if we had other owners names and numbers in the event of a "non emergency" during week day hours when there isnt security on property? Maybe if we had suspicious persons like I witnessed last week, we had a few residents that could flock to the area and inform the person to leave or the police will be called? 

However, is this risking safety? I know we had a Block Watch when I lived in the Arcadia area. I think that they basically keep an eye on things, call police if needed, but probably dont approach anyone for safety reasons. There are actual classes per se, in order to become a Block Watch person. Maybe I bring this up in the next meeting also. Just wanted to share that I am on it, I care, Im an owner and I live here...so I am very involved to protect my investment. 

I have had very good success with Wayne and Sharon both, immediate responses and seemingly very willing to discuss and act on issues. I'm not a gullible person by nature and I believe that todays discussion was positive and will produce the results that we want to see. I dont think that we all, will always get all that we want...but I think we can be happy with what we see happening to our home in the very near future. Peace!!!

Reply18 mins
Manage
Michael Sansone Glad to hear you got a reply, First off we had block watch here years ago and I was actually the block watch guy in my building..They had phoenix police here for meetings and then BOARD STOPPED IT,,We no longer have police here so that will not happen ..if you attend a board meeting in summer months its the same 15 people in the winter the same 30 people..Sorry to say many here have given up on going to board meeting as they are useless..you have 3 minutes to discuss your problems for $306 a month..Many have sold in last 3 years since decline here..You will always get a butter up from Wayne...But just watch and see how much ACTION you get...Lip service is easy..But only time will tell for you...The reason my websites were so popular and they wanted them gone ..was for this reason people could speak their minds without rebuttal or reprise from board...SOMETHING that concerns us all is elections her scandalous.....

This place and management company count the votes ..so there is no record of who votes what to reference..MOST HOA use an independent company or lawyer for this...They pick who wins here..I promise..2 years ago we all rallied behind a man name Bob Peschak and voted him in..The winter folks passed there 20% petion and removed him...NO REASON IS NEEDED...i AM THINKING ABOUT PUTTING My UNIT UP NEXT YEAR ON AIRBNB AND RENTING IT DAILY AND USING IT AS A CASH COW TILL i DECIDE DIFFERENT.....JUST ATTEND ONE MEETING AND SEE THE FIASCO..YOU WILL SEE WHY OTHERS HAVE STOPPED CARING ABOUT ATTENDING