MANDATORY FIRE ALARM AND SMOKE DETECTOR
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR
BUILDINGS 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 - STARTING AUGUST 10, 2015
Sierra Fire: Installation of fire alarm horns (one in each bedroom)
Approximate Time: 15 minutes for 1-bedroom units 20 minutes for 2 – bedroom units, includes programming
Device will cover entire duplex receptacle
- Cannot be obstructed by furniture
- Cannot be a switched plug-in
- Sound level must be at 85 decibels at head of bed
Electrical work to install additional receptacles is the owner’s choice and responsibility
The Phoenix Fire Department will need to test the fire alarm horns at a later date after the project is completed. You will be notified of that date.
Johnson Electrical: Installation of wired smoke dectectors
(Approximate Time – One bedroom 1 Hour, Two bedroom 2 Hours)
There may be extra work involved if there is insulation in ceiling (all 4th floor units have insulation)
- Will use plastic drop cloths on floor
- Cut 2’ x 2’ hole in bedroom and foyer ceiling
- Cut 2 to 4 holes in ceiling for smoke detectors
- Install smoke detectors and test
- Clean up
Allied Paint & Drywall: (Approximate Time – 2 Hours)
- Replace sheetrock in soffit ceiling, sink area for one bedroom unit, entry next to air return vent for two bedroom unit
- Tape, coat and texture to match existing ceiling
- Place air mover at repair to speed drying process, approx.. I hour drying time.
- Prime coat and apply finish paint, standard string white color unless custom color is supplied by owner on day of repair.
If you have pets, please make sure they are contained during the installation.
If you require ADA devices, you will be charged for the additional cost.