Friday, July 21, 2017

We Are Back ! Edition 2017


                                                                    2017



Due to the too many concerns here with our new board of directors or lack of Direction, We have been asked to reignite this website...Below is current topic of discussion in community !!
********************************************************************
"Excerpts from Friends of Anasazi Facebook Page

>> Mail from a new concerned resident..Please keep her in your prayers>>....This is a serious and scary event to have happen <<
JUL 8TH, 2:41PM
Hi Michael. My name is Kim and I purchased in building 4, 4th floor. Our elevator stopped working last night right when I brought my terminally ill husband home from the hospital. The HOA says it may be until Wednesday b4 it can be repaired. We, my terminal husband, my neighbor in a wheel chair and an elderly lady are stuck up here until then. Do u happen to know if this has happened before and is this a ridiculous amount of time for them to repair it? Im concerned that I cant take my husband to his appts due to this slow repair of the elevator. He is to have a CT Scan of his brain in 3 days...possible brain bleed. Is this crazy? Or is that a normal time to repair an elevator. I want to make sure its handled as quickly as possible. I dont know what to donor who to talk to. Stupid HOA is closed on the weekend
********************************************************************************************

Simone Thomas That is just awful... I would suggest calling 3TV next time something like that happens, especially with your circumstances..

Reply
1
16 hrs
Manage
Kimberly Adam Hi neighbors! Its me Kim. I wrote to Sharon and ahe forwarded to Wayne. It was fixed first thing Monday. Thank God! I had to have the security guard help me carry him up 4 flights of stairs in 110° heat. It was awful. He was just released from the hospital. What luck huh? But they did get it repaired sooner than later. I guess being that squeaky wheel helps! Now im complaining about the landacape...we bought bcuz it was so pretty and green. Now it looks terrible. Sharon told me that they would work in making it look better. Hopefully so!!

Reply
1
16 hrs
Michael Sansone Have not had real grass in 2 years outside my unit is nothing but Clover and weeds. But if you go to building 14 and 15 where the board members lived they have sod and everything is nicely manicured. This is the problem of having a board that does not walk the property or live here. The grounds here look like hell in the last 2 years

Reply1 hr
Manage
Kimberly Adam Wow. Thats so not fair. We all pay tje HOA dues and thisbproperty should look as good in the Summer as Winter and all areas well manicured. I now have bright blue tape holding the carpet down in front of the elevator...such class. Oh not to mention the elevator hydraulic fluid spilled all over and the smell and stains from it. Ick.nothing like hydraulic fluid stench on a hot muggy day in the elevator. We almost purchased a condo at The Edge in Grayhawk, but chose here because of the elevator for my husband and the grounds were so pretty. Their HOA dues are about 100.00 less per month and they have a movie theatre, beautiful club house with sports lounge and full kitxhen with onsite Chef that prepares fabulous meals, a resort style pool, pool tables, game rooms, media rooms, full gym and spinning classes, and a SPA etc. So why is our HOA so high? What do we actually get for it? The grass should at least look nice. Im already ready to put this on the market. I just cant handle a move again with my ill husband. Ugh. So frustrating. Can we all push them about the grass? I think we are getting painted here soon. And if we can keep the riff raff off the property it would be nice. Maybe a petition to address the landscape is in order?

Reply48 mins
Manage
Michael Sansone You are very new here..The problem is we have a small group of winter residents who have controlled the vote here for Board the last couple years..We have 1 board member who has never lived here, bought a condo and 3 months later he is on board AND STILL DOES NOT LIVE HERE ..JUST RENTS IT OUT ???..Owns a property mgt company with tons of complains..He is trying to reel us in as his next property, We also have 2 board members that only livre here 3 months a year..and remaining members never walk the property...The landscape committee?? has never had a meeting ..I know a winter resident on committee and he has never attended a meeting...Its all board members and their friends !!! 4 seats up for reelection this year...IF CHANGES ARE NOT MADE WE ARE ALL GOING TO SEE A DECLINE HERE SOON...

Kimberly Adam Yes, Im very new. Just closed on my condo on May 9th. We paid cash for it, own it outright and dont want to move. But have seen such a rapid decline since then. I hope that we can see some improvements. I think we really need to speak up, not onky in meetings but as a group of owners protecting our investments and voicing our concerns on a regular basis. Im so shocked at how high the HOA is compared to other properties that offer so much more. I dont momind paying, but we need to see where our monies go and ot needs to be fair. Maybe bcuz its such an old property and tonsnof work is needed? Geesh...does that meanit is going to increase over the years as it gets older and needs more work? Ugh. On another note where can I findout information on the architect that designed this property and information on the ac/heating system. It is supposed to be award winning. Does anyone knownif Paradise Valley Mall is ever going to be updated? Man what a dump! I was excited to live across from it...hadnt been there in 20 years. Whoa...what a shock! This area seems almost abandoned in some parts. Its sad. It could be so pretty with a little effort.

Joe Resident Was stated well above by another Resident, we have a board that is controlled by the winter visitors with no concern for full-time residents even though it is their home. They plan lavish dinners and parties all winter long and appropriated funds for supplies for their parties. Yet during the summer months there's no parties or activities. The full-time board members we have here are never on the property or walking it. We need some true full-time residents that will address the concerns of all residents not just the 3-month winter visitors. If you have noticed any work that is done here or causes a shutdown of pools or Clubhouse is done in the summer AZ to not to inconvenience the short winter season. Full-time owners should have some priority as this is there home

Michael Sansone It has changed and it is different as an owner compared to renter? We pay property taxes, HOA Fee's ..The property has diminished in the last 2 years..too many trees removed, grass id dead in many places.We dont have the option to move after a year lease ..we have investments in the community..Just sayin


1
Yesterday at 7:22pmEdited
Manage
Simone Thomas Hi Michael no I totally understand... I thought she was talking about the area outside the property.. believe me I know the property looks run-down, I still visit a couple people from time to time and I've seen it no I totally agree with you on that... I was referring to outside the property...
Manage
Simone Thomas Oh and you know what one more thing that's the reason I won't buy there and pay that huge monthly HOA fee because I don't think it's worth the HOA fee with the way they handle the property and the winter visitors that live they're only a portion of the...See More
Manage
Kimberly Adam Hi Simone Thomas. the area that I am talking about is the Mall ad the strip mall across the street, North of Cactus and East of Tatum. I tried to go to the Sports Authority and its closed, empty and looks abandoned. The Mall is ghetto looking to me. I even took some photos of the abandoned car wash and the signs at the entrance of the mall. It looks like they havent updated or painted the structure that the signs are on in 25 years. I mean, whats a little paint going to cost? The stores in the mall were super low end and downright cheesy to me. I just wish they would update it and freshen it up a little. The area South of us seems nice, clean and well manicured. I guess to each their own opinon. And its what each is used to I suppose. Its not fair that Scottsdale has such clean roads and weeds taken care of etc. Just West.of here the sides of the roads are in real bad shape, with litter, dead grass, weeds etc. I am definitely going to call the city about keeping it cleaner. Hey we Phoenicians pay taxes too. Why does Scottsdale get clean roads, sidewalks and common areas along the roads. We also have homeless people stashing their signs in the boulders and wash out front of the property. The good thing is that these things can be corrected. I hope to help get that done. I hope to be a part of the solution, as an owner and this is my full time home.


1
7 hrs
Manage
Kimberly Adam Oh and the outside of the property too. Huge dead patches of grass...it looks real bad.



Kimberly Adam Dead grass outside the property along PV Pkwy

7 hrs
Manage
Kimberly Adam Carpet in front of elevator, now has bright blue tape to hold it down.


1
7 hrs
Manage
Kimberly Adam More dead grass