Monday, February 1, 2016

Insurance Dilemma Here ?? Part 1

 JUST ANOTHER BAD BOARD DECISION TO BRINGS FRIENDS ON BOARD HERE TO CHARGE US INFLATED RATES??

PLEASE READ THIS LETTER SENT BY A LONGTIME OWNER HERE AND OUR INSURANCE MAN FOR A VERY LONG TIME..TILL THE "NEW" BOARD TOOK OVER....

VERRRRY INTERESTING AND THINK ALL SHOULD READ AND ASK WHY???
******************************************************************

Hi Michael
Just a quick FYI
Thought this may be of interest.

As you can see, I sent the attached to the entire Board back in June.
Apparently nothing was ever done about it, seeing as
The insurance has just been renewed and there are effectively no changes.
Per Bob P. (as he is on the Board)
Apparently the Board has not even addressed this or anything
to do with the renewal insurance.
They got a bill  for $80,000 and
paid it without presenting it to the Board  -
What it is….
What it covers….
And why…..
???
It certainly appears to be like it was before my getting involved.
And now that the CCR’s no longer make the association responsible for
The insides (additions and alterations)
That alone is good reason to question the values being used.

When I first got involved…
I requested an appraisal. It was done –
It was ordered by an old President – Herb Komnick –
who took the job very seriously!
I do not think it was ever released to the Board seeing as they apparently
refused to pay for it.
As a result they apparently have no idea of what the insurance
values should be.
Even so
That was before the CCR’s got changed.
and
I believe that the CCR’s require an appraisal at least every 3 years.
Wow
What a way to do business.

Hope all is well with you
Will be there in about 2 weeks
Hope to see you then

Ralph Avery


Anasazi HOA
The Board

Good Morning!

Most, if not all of you know three things about me
1.      I am concerned Anasazi homeowner .
2.      I am an owner of an insurance agency in Florida and
3.      I have been on the Board of two Condo associations here in Florida
-        some 20 years for one; 10 years for another.

Being as the handling of Condo insurance is in my blood now for some 40 plus years
I am always concerned at how insurance is handled for anyone that I am associated with
(Anasazi being no exception) - with the desire to make sure they -
(all my friends and associates) are protected properly.
In that regard I have spent some time preparing the attached,
as I believe there could be a problem or problems with the current insurance
carried by Anasazi – especially the property portion and the cost of same.
I ask that you all take the time to review the attached – as expanded as it is.
Yes, it does get involved, but I have no other way to describe this to you
without getting into details.

Please accept this information with an open mind as my goal is to help Anasazi
the best I am able - and that is by using my background -
Insurance as well as many years of Board experience.

By way of a copy of this email I am addressing the attached to the following
which I understand is the current list of Board members.
I apologize if I missed any one.

Faye Roberts
Ray Durney
Paul Jensen
Marta Vega
Russ Harris
Dana Jones
Bob Peshek

Watch THURSDAY  for the complete assessment sent by Mr Avery to our board -Part 2